How to Validate your Respondent Data using Questions
Last updated more than 2 months ago | Print
To control that your background information about respondents is correct, you may ask your respondents directly to verify it.
Example: we run existing contact information by the respondents, including their names, addresses, departments and phone numbers, to verify it.
This requires at least three steps:
- The current Respondent data is uploaded using Distribution and Import file
- Use tags to retrieve the respondent data fields
- Include the Other option so that respondents can suggest updates to incorrect information
The Respondent data will be unique to each respondent (i.e. full variation) and should NOT be imported as filterable to ensure optimal performance in your Quest.
Single select questions with the alternative “Yes” is most suitable for verifying your respondent data:
- Include a suitable header in the additional information section of your first question.
- Use Tags to populate the Question texts with the respondents unique information (here: [!Name!]).
- The other alternative should encourage respondents to suggest improvements if the presented information is incorrect.
Note that the actual Tags or data from them will not show in a Test Quest:
The Response Module will show the following information for respondent “John Smith”:
When respondents have answered, it is easy to identify non-positive answers (i.e. not “yes”) to the Respondent data questions using Follow up and selecting the relevant columns:
You update these respondent’s information directly by clicking on their email address to open their response, and choosing edit response and edit custom fields:
When all respondents have answered, and updates have been saved, you may export the distribution list from Distribution to get the updated respondent data: