How to use hidden identity
When the Hidden Identity feature is enabled, identifiable information such as browser type, operating system, and email address etc. will not be stored with the respondent’s answers. This is done to protect the respondent’s identity.
In order to make the Hidden Identity settings effective, you can not include any questions or respondent data that make it possible to identify the respondents in the Quest.
The Hidden Identity settings will be locked and cannot be changed after the Quest is published.
To activate the Hidden identity settings, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings pane in your Quest.
- Locate and open the grid called Hidden identity
- Choose between Never, Optional or Always
- Never: This option makes every respondent identifiable
- Optional: This option lets the respondent choose whether to hide her identity or not
- Always: This option hides every respondent’s identity
When Always is selected, you may enable the Advanced Hidden Identity settings:
This feature enables to additional features:
- Setting a response count threshold
… which disables access to the results for single questions until the response count threshold is met for the given question (affects exports and LiveReports):
- Disable raw data and individual answer access
… which disable the access for pulling raw data exports and opening single response forms.
The following functions will then be disabled:
- “Send Copy of Response to E-mail”
- “Q&A tags”, “Respondent data-tags” and “Receipt-tags”
- “Select columns” in Follow-Up
- “Raw data” and “All answer forms”-export (e.g.):
Hidden Identity and Distribution
When Hidden Identity is set to Always, the “invitees list” in Distribution will display invited e-mail addresses, but never the individual invitees’ response status.
When Hidden Identity is set to Optional, at least 6 respondents must have opted for Hidden Identity to display the non-hidden identity respondent’s answers and response status:
- In order to make the Hidden Identity settings effective, you can not include any questions or respondent data that make it possible to identify the respondents in the Quest
- The Hidden Identity settings will lock when the Quest is published