How can I create a Quest where the Respondents cannot be identified?
When hidden identity is enabled, no identifiable information, such as browser type and version, internet IP address, operating system, or e-mail address, will be stored with the answers. This is to protect the respondent’s identity.
To activate the Hidden identity settings, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings pane in your Quest.
- Locate and open the grid called Hidden identity
- Choose between Never, Optional or Always
- Never: This option makes every respondent identifiable
- Optional: This option lets the respondent choose whether to hide her identity or not
- Always: This option hides every respondent’s identity
What’s more, when Always is selected, you may enable the Advanced Hidden Identity settings:
This feature enables to additional features:
- Setting a response count threshold
… which disables access to the results for single questions until the response count threshold is met for the given question (affects exports and LiveReports):
- Disable raw data and individual answer access
… which disable the access for pulling raw data exports and opening single response forms.
The following functions will then be disabled:
- “Send Copy of Response to E-mail”
- “Q&A tags”, “Respondent data-tags” and “Receipt-tags”
- “Select columns” in Follow-Up
- “Raw data” and “All answer forms”-export (e.g.):
Hidden Identity and Distribution
When Hidden Identity is set to Always, the “invitees list” in Distribution will display invited e-mail addresses, but never the individual invitees’ response status.
When Hidden Identity is set to Optional, at least 6 respondents must have opted for Hidden Identity to display the non-hidden identity respondent’s answers and response status:
- In order to make the Hidden Identity settings effective, you can not include any questions or respondent data that make it possible to identify the respondents in the Quest
- The Hidden Identity settings will lock when the Quest is published